Tuesday, June 7, 2011

James at Three Months


Well, time keeps whizzing by and unbelievably James is three months old!  To mark his three month birthday James has started sleeping through the night! He has logged 11-12 hours the last three nights and, while I’m sure he feels great each morning, I am the biggest benefactor.  I forgot how heavenly eight hours of sleep could be!  Next up, we’re going to focus on nailing down his daytime sleep schedule.
At three months, James is a very happy, agreeable baby who doles out heart-melting smiles and giggles at will.  He is becoming much more aware of the activity around him and likes to sit and watch the whirlwind that is Anna swirl around him.  He has started “talking” to the toys on his playmat and it’s fun to watch him really concentrate and try to hit and kick the toys with his hands and feet.
Speaking of hands, James has mastered sucking his thumb – a talent I have mixed feelings about.  I think this is what is helping him sleep through the night (yay!), but unlike a paci, we can’t take his thumb away when he’s two (boo!).  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what develops…
We don’t have a three month check-up at the doctor so I don’t have official height/weight information, but the boy continues to grow.  I can’t wait to find out the stats at his four month visit.
Happy three month birthday, James!  We love you, little (big) guy!

No comments: