Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Here Comes Trouble

Anna is growing like a weed, not only in pounds and inches, but also in her capabilities. While she’s not crawling, she is definitely adept at getting places by sliding forward on her belly, rolling, and scooting. You can sense her desire to be able to move by the determined look she gets in her eyes when she sees a toy she wants.

She also is very eager to stand – anywhere and everywhere. We had never seen her pull herself up, she’s always needed our assistance. So you can imagine my surprise this past weekend when I went to get her from a nap and this is the scene I walked in on:

She was so proud of herself – of course I had to document it on video.

And then we immediately lowered the crib mattress...

In no time at all I know she’ll be running around. I’ve put some thought into baby proofing, but now I guess we need to move ahead and batten down the hatches.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I knew it wouldn't be long!!