Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Purr-fect Dozen

We are headed to Wellfleet for our annual get-away and I can barely contain my excitement. Let's just say work has been crazy busy lately and the thought of disconnecting is truly liberating. Of course, I'm procastinating like a pro by posting this babble instead of packing...

So far the weather is looking great, so we should have no repeats of our 4th of July travel catastrophe.

Unfortunately, for the second year in a row Tope won't be making the trip. Jason is joining us from New York so there is no way I can shuttle both Anna and Tope through airport security on my own. I feel very guilty about leaving her here, but I know she is in good hands!

Speaking of Miss Tope, yesterday she rang in her 12th birthday - with a can of tuna! I can't believe she is 12 years old, although you would never know it given her activity level. She's really only dialed down a notch or two from her kitten years.

In the last six months or so she has become so tolerant of Anna, who is obsessed with Tope (or "Bo-pay" as Anna calls her). Now, don't get me wrong, Tope will still run from the room faster than greased lightning when Anna approaches with any type of liquid or toy on wheels (she only had to get her tail squashed once by the wagon to learn that lesson), but I am amazed at some of the other activities she puts up with.

Take the photo below, for example: One afternoon Tope sat docilely by while Anna adorned her with stickers.


She also will join us in Anna's room while we read bedtime stories and allows Anna to kiss her goodnight each evening. It really is sweet, although on the nights Tope doesn't make her way in voluntarily, you can rest assured she is hunted down and prodded by Anna shouting, "Bo-pay! Come 'ere! Night night!."

So, Tope Louise Turner Bergstrom, we will miss you this week (but I promise we'll be back soon). No scratching the carpet while we're gone!


I'm sure we'll get some pictures up during the week. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend!

No comments: