Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Beach Baby

Well, I can't believe we are back from the beach and already back into the grind. When we got home on Saturday I told Jason that I was now in need of a Stay-cation (a.k.a. a week at home) to prepare myself before heading back into the real world. Alas, that did not happen...

We had a fantastic, relaxing trip. Maybe too relaxing, hence the need for more time to adjust to reality. The weather, which is always touch and go in Wellfleet at this time of year, cooperated and we were treated to beautiful sunny beach days and crispy cool nights.

Anna blossomed this year at the beach. It's amazing to see the difference over last year. Last year she was a baby, not walking yet, and only interested in eating sand. This year she tromped all over the beach as if she owned the place (wouldn't that be nice!?!). She still ate sand.

Anna - Wellfleet - 2008

She especially loved collecting shells and decorating sand castles, a project she took very seriously. She had such a look of concentration on her face and would talk to herself, saying, "ok, good. ok, good." each time she put a shell in place. It was hysterical to watch.

We also got to spend time with Grammy, Fa Fa and our good friends Rick and Cristina and their kids Ryan and Gabi. Anna was in immediate awe of Gabi when she walked into the house bearing a container with about 20 Barbies. That cemented their friends-for-life pact. And, they had matching swimsuit cover ups to boot (a total coincidence)!


Ryan, Gabi, Anna & Jason fishing for crabs

We passed the days in easy enjoyment of the simple life. I think I've mentioned before that our cottage does not have TV and, for those who know me well, know that I am a TV buff. It's always a comfort to me when I realize how I can easily disconnect and live without my shows - it makes me think I'm not too addicted (although that's probably the exact statement an addict would make...). Anyways, I got in some good reading and Anna wanted in on the fun, too. You can't see it in this picture, but her book is titled, "Just Like Mommy". How appropriate!


There's not much more to say other than I can't wait for next year! Here are a few more pics from the trip.

She played with these bottle caps for a good 45 minutes!

Anna holding down the fort

She REALLY wanted to go kayaking

Hey, wait for me!

Downtime in the cottage

Low tide walk with Dad

Sunset shoulder ride

Is there something in my teeth?

Playing with friends during sunset

1 comment:

Edie said...

Oh my - you're beach pictures are just classic! Anna looks like she had herself a swell time.