Friday, March 6, 2009

What a Circus!

The Circus was in town last night – not Ringling Bros, but Britney!!

I was the lucky recipient of a ticket from a friend and found myself smack in the middle of a crowd of screaming teenagers, loving every minute of it.

Now, for all you Brit Brit haters, you have to admit she puts on an awesome show. Last night was part Cirque du Soleil, part freak show, slightly burlesque, and 100% entertaining. I’m not sure I would let my pre-teen daughter attend, but I had a fantastic time.

Britney is definitely back in shape, looking great and dancing up a storm. The whole production was impressive with gorgeous costumes and props, lots of suspension and flying, and amazing dancers. She was on stage running and dancing nonstop for almost two hours. It makes you realize how good a workout you get being a pop star...

Here are some pictures and videos from the night – I took them on my phone so the quality is not so good, but you’ll get the general vibe.

The center ring pre-show
One of the many suspended acts of the night

The closing fireworks

An oldie but a goodie - Hit Me Baby...One More Time

The opening sequence - you can't see her in the video because of the lights but Britney is being lowered from the ceiling to start the show

No comments: