Monday, March 23, 2009

Doctor, Doctor

From the looks of this picture you would think Anna loved to visit the doctor. My friends, you would be mistaken.

Nothing makes Anna quake and shake and scream more than Nurse Carmen or Dr. Harris entering the exam room and she was in rare form for her 15 month visit. Before they even lay a hand on her she is hanging onto me for dear life and it pretty much takes the jaws of life to pry her free.

Out of respect for Anna I didn't take any pictures of her red, tear-streaked face. Ok, who am I kidding, I didn't take any pictures of her freaking because she was practically choking me and wouldn't let me step even one millimeter away from her side...so you can do the math.

Not that I can blame her, after all, her doctor visits have been filled with pokes, prods, and the always fun shots. She comes by it honestly - my mom loves to tell the story of how I freaked and hit (not maliciously!) a nurse trying to give me a shot, causing the nurse to drop the shot and curse...and oh yeah, I was 12 when that happened. So, I can relate to Anna's wariness of the scrub-wearing crowd.

One day I know she'll like going to the doctor because the trip will end with a lollipop...maybe we'll also insititute the "ice cream after every shot" rule I have heard friends talk about. Everything is better with ice cream, right?

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love the pictures of the screaming child - I know it's horrible to say - but it's just part of life right? And years later (except in your case Amy) she would probably laugh about it. Too bad you couldn't get one shot for the scrapbook. :)