Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Small Piece of Red Sox Nation

I've been wanting to post pictures of James' room for awhile now.  I finally "finished" it and took pictures (one of the key elements necessary to post pictures!). 

As soon as I found out we were having a boy, I knew I wanted to do something related to the Red Sox for his room.  I figured it would be better for him to learn early that Daddy's a diehard Red Sox/Patriots fan and he better be prepared to defend them on the playground here in the South.  At one point a friend suggested we name James "Tom Brady Nomar Big Papi Varitek Bergstrom"...you can thank me for James Owen, later, buddy.

While I was looking to create a little piece of Red Sox Nation in Georgia, I also wanted to keep it subtle, i.e, no mural of Fenway Park or Fathead player pictures on the wall...

For you Boston fans, I found some awesome tin signs from chowdaheadz.com (love the web site name...).  And, I got his cute, cute name letters from Brook at her Etsy shop, Spell It With Style.

To round out the room, Gramma Turner made the Red Sox quilt on the ottoman (more on our talented grandmothers to come).  And to ensure they weren't overlooked, we added one homage to the Patriots.

I am really happy with how it turned out and, even though he hasn't spent a lot of time in there yet, I think James will love it.

 




No comments: