Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Meet the Family

It's hard to believe we're a family of four (+ Tope!), but, here we are!

Anna's expression is so cute to me - to me it looks like she's thinking hard about how to feel about the little guy in her arms.  More to come on that...

For most of the first hospital visit (dressed in her ballet shoes, tights and leotard, of course!), she was more interested in the medical apparatuses around the room.  And, the Buzz Lightyear action figure her brother so thoughtfully gave her.  I dare say her Toy Story collection is complete.  Anna also brought James a set of baby toys she had lovingly (and painstakingly) picked out a few weeks earlier.  She did not understand why he would not play with them in the hospital, but she loaded up his bassinette anyways, much to the nurses' amusement.

Here are some more shots from the time in the hospital.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seymour said...

Wow, this brings back such memories of when Danny was born and Clare was Anna's age, complete with gifts for each other! (They all got gypped this time around.) You four look marvelous!

KLZ said...

Oh my God. I still remember bring my little sister home. I was about Anna's age and I felt SO IMPORTANT to be able to hold her. You guys look great - hope it's going well.