Monday, August 3, 2009

Terrific Texas Trip

Anna and I recently joined my side of the family on a jaunt to San Antonio to attend a wedding and see our extended clan. The trip was a whirlwind but was SUPER fun. I only wish it could have lasted longer (darn work and responsibility!).

Before the wedding we were able to make time to get out and about in San Antonio, but as my dad said, "We've done and seen everything there is to do and see in San Antonio" (what with having lived there and all). Nonetheless, we decided to head downtown to the Riverwalk in search of delicious TexMex and happened upon a quaint little church/mission. Anybody remember this place? Ha ha.


The wedding we attended was a fabulous affair. It pains me to say, but I used to babysit the bride, Amy, when she was three years old! She is now a beautiful grown woman and I am so happy for her and her husband Paul.


Anna almost made it through the entire ceremony (we were supplying her with gummy bears, crackers, and - as a last resort - gum). With about two minutes to spare, though, she shouted, "Mommy, go!" Luckily it was outside and we were near the end of a row so I scooped her up and made a speedy escape before she could cause a scene.


She did cause a (welcome) scene on the dancefloor. As I have mentioned before, the kid likes to boogie, and I had to physically restrain her from crashing the bride's dance with her father. You know how there's always that one person at a wedding out on the dancefloor before anyone else? That was Anna. She spun and spun and danced and danced and well, just had a ball. It was wonderful to see her get so excited and truly enjoy herself while she danced. Her eyes were shining! And she enticed the rest of the wedding guests out onto the floor to join her. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it on video because as you can see, my camera was on it's last legs just when the fun really started. :( So, Amy, if you're reading this, send the wedding video my way!


On Sunday we rounded out the trip with a family gathering at my uncle's house. Anna was enthralled because they have cows and horses and we were able to see a litter of two day old kittens (so cute). We also got to meet the newest members of the family, six week old twins Zeneia and Zaria. I'm really bummed my camera died because I have no pictures of the get together. I'm hoping to get some from my Aunt, though.

Like I said, it was a whirlwind but totally worth it. Here are some more pictures from the weekend.

Anna & Bunny eyeing the dancefloor

Mom & Dad

Maddie & Justin

Anna and her best pals Uncle David & Bunny - pooped after all the dancing (darn camera!)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh - that was Kylie's Easter dress last year - love it!! Kylie was the same way at her Aunt Laurie's wedding - I think she would have stayed up all night to dance!