Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One of those mornings...

Today started out so nicely - Anna slept late, we played, I treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks (more on that later), had a leisurely breakfast while chatting with Misty. Then I started working. That's where the day headed downhill.

About an hour in, my computer beeped, alerting me that the battery level was critical, please plug in the power cord. When I went to fetch the cord from my bag, it was nowhere to be found. After a futile, pointless search of the car and house and after dumping all of the contents from my bag, I accepted that my power cord was resting nicely on my desk in downtown Atlanta. UGH.

So, I got in the car and unhappily headed downtown (after all, it's my work from home day and this was a gigantic waste of precious gas (more on that later, too!)). Of course, 2 minutes into the drive I proceeded to spill my pumpkin latte all over me and the car door (don't worry Jason, baby wipes have been applied). The pumpkin flavoring left a nice orange stain on my jeans, though...

I made it into the city and retrieved my power cord without futher incident, thank goodness. On the way home, though, the gas light turned on in the car and, because Atlanta, unlike the rest of the country and for no reason I can understand, has NO gas, I knew filling up would not be fun. After managing to find a station with gas, I waited in line for 25 minutes and filled up the truck (at the bargain price of $4.00/gallon).

Now I'm back home, computer powered up, settling back into working for the day, still smelling coffee and pumpkin everytime I move...I hope no more surprises await!

Nice pumpkin stain, huh?

No comments: