Thursday, May 19, 2011

Details, Schmetails

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been the sharpest tack in the drawer since James was born.  Blame it on "baby brain" or "preg head" or the sleep deprivation, but my attention to detail has not been at it's usual level.  I like to think that before having James I wouldn't have gotten the time for a birthday party wrong, embroidered the wrong font on a bag, or just completely forget about a lunch date I'd made with a friend...but that could just be optimistic thinking.

Recently something funny happened that serves as a reminder to me to pay closer attention to seemingly "easy" tasks.  Like buying a pair of shoes...before our trip to Florida, Jason asked if I could grab him a new pair of flip flops.  So, I ran into a store, grabbed a size 8.5 and left.  The entire transaction took approximately six minutes.  However,  when we got to Florida and Jason took a closer look at the sandals, well, turns out one was an 8.5 and the other was an 11. 

Now I know the mix-up was not my fault - either an employee or other patron of the store made the original mistake.  But, I did have the shoes in my hands and failed to notice the fairly large difference between them.  Jason had no choice but to wear them because we were on our way out the door to the Magic Kingdom, and he's so laid back that it really didn't phase him.  But, everytime I see the shoes I chuckle - and probably the funniest thing is that we never went back to the store to exchange them...

I think I just need more sleep...

No comments: