Thursday, May 6, 2010

Road Trip!

When I woke Anna up this morning at the awful hour of 5:45 she eagerly jumped up and proclaimed, "It's MY turn to go to Mickey's house now?!?"

After several weeks of her asking, I finally got to say yes (I need to learn that trick my friends have of not telling their kids about any upcoming events so the incessant questions stop). But, in this case I think it's been good to build the excitement. We're ultimately headed for Sanibel Island in Florida and are making Orlando our midway stop. We'll only be at Disney for one day - and then we head to the (hopefully oil free) beach! I'm not quite sure how Anna will react to the characters. Fingers crossed that her less than lukewarm response to Santa this year won't be the indicator.

So now we're on our way. We're all enjoying the trip so far (after an immediate stop at Starbucks the trip for Jason and I got infinitely better). Anna was psyched because we let her get chocolate milk instead of her regular plain old white. Hey, it's vacation, right?

I do sense that the novelty of the roadtrip is starting to wear off for Anna. We've gone through several books, iPhone games, and stickers. Now we're onto watching Finding Nemo. Halfway there...


1 comment:

KLZ said...

Hi guys! This trip really has me looking forward to our little guy being older. AND helping me find more reasons to get an iPhone.