Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

I’ve identified the secret remedy for calming a wee one’s fussy spells. Or, diverting attention from a bumped head. And it also works as a way to buy yourself 5 minutes of quiet. What could this magic item be? Frozen water!

Yes, ice.

These days Anna is obsessed with the cool stuff and will wrestle you to the ground if you’re holding a glass of ice water. To appease her we give her a bowl of the crushed variety and she will sit and munch away for minutes on end. And, it’s a lifesaver in restaurants when the food is taking an interminable amount of time to arrive (which always seems to be the case, right??).

Anna also says ice and usually she repeats it, saying, “Ice. Ice.” We keep trying to get her to add “Baby” to the end but she won’t do it. I guess even she knows Vanilla Ice ain’t cool.

Anyways, I’m thinking about packaging ice and selling it to other parents. I bet I could make a fortune. I bet kids would really like it if I added sugar and flavor to it and froze it on a stick…it’s a wonder no one has thought of this before!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Just don't tell your dentist about this fun pass-time of hers....... And, I won't tell my doctor about how I used to let Kylie sleep on her tummy sometimes for naps. A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do right???