Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anna’s Tricks

I've always heard that babies mimic everything – wow, is that true! Almost daily I’ll see Anna doing something new and usually I can connect it to something Jason and I do regularly.

For example, on the airplane flying back from Boston last week I was chewing gum and she would watch intently and squeal when I would blow a bubble. The next day I saw her chomping her jaws up and down and occasionally puckering her lips and sticking her tongue through them. What do you know, she was chewing gum and blowing bubbles! So now if you say, “Anna, chew your gum,” she chomps her jaws up and down. It’s really cute!

She does several tricks –
* High fives
* Waves hello and good bye
* Dances
* Clinks her cup with yours when you say cheers

And, the trick that makes us most proud…she will show you where her feet are!

We’re also working on “Touchdown!”, “I don’t know” (shoulder shrug), and identifying her hands and nose.

I guess this is when we really have to start watching what we do and say – I’m sure there are some “tricks” we do that wouldn’t be so cute when performed by a nine month old…

I captured several of these feats in the video below. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Gramma T said...

I knew she was a genius!! I just want to squeeze her - i miss you ANNA!!! Love Gramma T