Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tope, Tope, Tope!

I thought it would be good to give Miss Tope Louise Turner Bergstrom her blog moment in the sun...

As you know, she used to rule the Bergstrom roost until Miss Anna came along. While her world has been thrown upside down and inside out, she has been a super good sport since that fateful day in December. She did go through a period where she spent more time on her own thinking (sulking?), but over the last few months she has returned to her normal, cute kitty-self.

Is she best friends with Anna? Ummm, no. Does she taunt Anna by sitting just out of arm's reach? Ummm, yes. In fact, I think this is her new favorite past time. And her new favorite time of day is 7:31 p.m., when Anna goes down for the night and I emerge from her room. Tope runs excitedly up and down the stairs and rolls on the ground by my feet just begging to have her belly rubbed. Of course I comply.

I know in time that Tope will come to love Anna and want to be with her constantly. She'll probably even stop sleeping next to me to curl up with Anna (then I'll be the jealous one!). But for now, it's fun to watch her exercise her "power" to make Anna squeal and giggle and try in vain to pet the kitty (gently, of course). I think Tope secretly loves the attention!

No comments: