Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Big boy bed

After 7 years of marriage Jason and I decided it was finally time for us to get a king sized bed - we need our space, man! That decision set into motion a plan to rotate furniture through several bedrooms in our house, including moving a twin bed into James's room. I hadn't quite planned to move James to a "big boy bed" this soon (Anna was a full year older when she made the transition) but in the interest of not having to move furniture twice we decided to jump right in. So, without ceremony, James was out of his crib and into a bed. I feared for the worst, him realizing his freedom and crawling out of bed (he can open doors, so I was sure I would wake up to his little face next to my bed). But, the fears so far have been unfounded. The boy is a sleeper, and likes his bed. He has only gotten out of bed on his own once. Even under Anna's coercion he stays put. I'm sure that will change but for now, we'll take it!
 



No comments: