Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Happy Six Months

Wow!  It's hard to believe James is six months old.  On the one hand, it has gone so fast and I can't believe he is already midway to his first birthday.  On the other hand, I can't believe it's only been six months because I feel like he's been with us forever.  If there is one word to describe James, it is: happy.  He is a happy, happy, happy boy, as the pictures here demonstrate.  He doles out heart-melting gummy grins and full fledged crinkle eyed smiles, and just seems truly happy to be in the world.

I know I sound like a sappy mom, but he really is SO HAPPY.  Now don't get me wrong, he cries, and does have his fussy moments, but they are few and far between, and usually very easily remedied. When at the doctor for his six month check up, he got upset when the doctor looked in his ears.  But, he then started giggling at the same time.  The doctor was quite amused and said that if she didn't know better she was pretty sure he was trying to make himself be happy. Thinking back, James has been this way from day one.  I alluded to his delivery being a tough one, mainly due to his size, but it did take him awhile to cry once he was born.  It was probably less than a minute, but it was the longest moment of my life.  And, when he finally did cry, it sounded like he was having to force the sound out.  I remember being very worried at the time, but now, having the benefit of knowing him, I think it's just his personality!

Now for some stats - the big trend continues, with him weighing in at 21 lbs and measuring 27.5 inches long.  James is sitting up and very nearly crawling.  He does a sort of army crawl to get to toys he wants and I know the time to batten down the hatches for real crawling is just around the corner.  Not surprisingly, he loves to eat, and will devour pretty much anything (pears and bananas are favorites).  Two of his most favorite smile-inducing things are Anna and Tope.  I don't know who he likes more.  And, apparently even Tope picks up on his jolly vibe because she will sit by him and allow him to pet (grab fistfuls of fur) her.  She NEVER got within arms reach of Anna as a baby (and still rarely does to this day!).

I am so thankful to have this wonderful, sweet, happy boy in our lives.  We wouldn't be complete without you, sweet, happy baby James.





No comments: