Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Big 3!


Our sweet little gal is 3 today - a fact that blows my mind!  People always said that time literally flies when you are a parent and wow, is that ever true.  I can't believe three years ago today we were welcoming Anna into the world.  It seems like she has been in our lives forever yet at the same time I feel like it was yesterday that she was the tiny infant in the picture below.


We celebrated her birthday last Saturday with friends at one of her favorite places, Kangazoom.  The kids jumped and slid and ran around like crazy and we capped off the celebration with Toy Story cupcakes, stickers and coloring.

When we got home Anna could barely contain her excitement at opening her gifts, which makes me really look forward to Christmas morning and her visit from Santa.  Some of her reactions were priceless and I so wish I had caught them on video.  Among the biggest hits was a Jessie the Cowgirl Toy Story talking doll (of course) from Gramma and Papa Odie.  When she opened the package she exclaimed, "Oh no no no.  Oh my goodness.  My own Jessie doll?!?"  Jessie was proudly taken to school for show and tell this week.  Grammy and Fa Fa gave her Toy Story 3, which she has already watched three times.  We gave her a scooter (yay for toys that can be stored outside!), which upon seeing it she asked, "Why's there a scooter here?  That's just the orange scooter I wanted!  Is this for me?  Can I touch it?"  And then she zoomed off...

With all the hoopla of the birthday party, she was a little confused this morning when I came in her room singing Happy Birthday with a cupcake and candles.  She asked, "It's my birthday again?"  I can see where the confusion comes from.

So, Happy Birthday Miss Anna.  I can't wait to see how you blossom over the next year...I know it will happen in the blink of an eye.






No comments: