Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Terrific Turkey Travels

So, where even to begin? It seems like forever since my last post. We’ve been basking in the sun in Florida for the last week - we headed down to celebrate Turkey Day with the Turner clan.

Anna handled the airport and plane like the mini-frequent flyer she is – the child has been on more planes in her first year than I was on before I was 10. She did have her first celebrity sighting on the trip – we sat across from Rick Ro$$ on the flight. Yeah, I wondered the same thing, “Who in the heck is Rick Ro$$?” Upon boarding we figured the man across the aisle was someone of renown because he had on dark sunglasses, a “don’t mess with me” air about him, and major bling. Oh yeah, and he had a picture of himself on his sweatshirt with his web address on the sleeve (I’m not kidding). So, thanks to his helpful marketing, I was able to surreptitiously google him and determine who he was while sitting three feet away from him. Don’t you just love the internet! Riddle solved – he’s a rapper – not my music genre, but still fun to see someone “famous”.

Upon arriving in Fort Lauderdale Anna settled in quite nicely, although she did decide to be super clingy to mom for the duration of the trip. She enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner, with the exception of the sweet potatoes, which is strange because they had the melted marshmallow top…who can resist that?? We did have a little trouble getting organized around cooking the Thanksgiving meal…we had planned to eat at 1 but sat down at 3:30. Oh well, no one cared because the food was delicious. I did sustain one minor cooking injury (a burn) - what’s Thanksgiving without one kitchen mishap?

Anna did get in some quality playing time with Aunt Maddie and Uncle David. She looks like she is going to be quite the card shark when she grows up…




I had a fantastic time – I even was able to sneak out to see Twilight (awesome) with my sister and Fann, my brother’s girlfriend. It was her first time meeting the family and she held her own – which can be tough to do around our group. We’ll see if she comes back – I hope we didn’t scare her away!

And, Jason really enjoyed himself, too – when we’re at my parents he is treated to an endless array of meat (fajitas, ribs, steaks, ham…), cold beer and hours upon hours upon hours of football. Pretty much a perfect week in his world.

Grandma also threw Anna an early birthday party, which was a lot of fun. She snagged a bounce house from her church for the event and it proved to be a big hit with the kids. Anna had her first taste of cake and really loved it – ahh, the introduction of sugar. Funny, ever since she’s had the cake, she’s been shaking her head “no” to some of her regular favorites…I guess broccoli and brussel sprouts really don’t measure up.



All in all, we had a great trip. The only problem was it passed too quickly!

To get a bit reflective, it really made me thankful that we have such a wonderful, loving, funny family. I hope everyone else had a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Rogers Family said...

Ahhh Amy it makes me miss your family and seeing everyone. You do have a great family. Anna is about as cute as you can get. I cannot wait to meet her one day.